This practice will take you into the place to receive
- Begin in standing – Mountain Pose.
- Step the left foot back and angle the foot for balance.
- Bend the front right knee.
- Bend the right arm and lean the right forearm and elbow onto the right thigh.
- Lean onto the right thigh, with the left arm hanging down, straight and loose, several inches above the ground or your mat.
- Allow the arm to begin to rotate naturally, noticing which way it is moving. Try to allow it to happen, with hardly any effort.
- If the arm rotates counterclockwise, stop. Return to stillness and wait to see it the arm rotates clockwise. You are surrendering to Mother Earth.
- As you surrender to the Earth Mother’s energy you are letting go of pride.
- Repeat on the other side.
This practice comes from the Kali Natha Yoga Teacher Training manual. Learn more about Kali Natha Yoga Teacher Training at the Kashi Ashram website.